Palestinian Pumpkin pudding recipe.

I thought I would like to enjoy the bargains of the Halloween pumpkins that are now on sale, they are very cheap just 50P the price compared to the price before Halloween, and they are still juicy and fresh. With my mum’s tasty pumpkin jam, she learnt the recipe from her late grandmother who my mum admired loads. This beautiful lady not only had a strong personality, but she was also gorgeous and had beautiful blue eyes. She was born in the north of  Palestine, like her ancestors in the village of Saffuriya in central Galilee, this village was known in the Ancient Greece as  Diocaesaraea and during the Crusades, le Saforie.

This village lying on top of a mountain was believed to be the birthplace of Mary, mother of Jesus, and where her mother Saint Anna  resided, who was mentioned in the Quran was mentioned  as "the wife of saint Joachim Imran”. Why they did not use her name in the Quran is a mystery.

Wow what we started with Pumpkin jam, has then gone to a story associated with ancient monotheism in the Middle East. The Palestinians come from a holy place it is no wonder why loads of people wanted a piece of them, and still do.  

So back to the delicious recipe and the women power, you can find plenty of information about it online everyone can enjoy from vegan to non-vegan, although I do not recommend myself for people with diabetes sorry as it is very sweet and has lots of sugar.


Here is a recipe of Pumpkin Jam made by Nadia Tommalieh, a Lebanese American living in the USA and very close to her Lebanese culture, where I was brought up as Palestinian refugee.

https://yourlebanon.com/recipe/pumpkin-jam/

Any ways generally the ingredients are as you know Pumpkins, sugar just when you are making a syrup in Arabic, we call it kater, edible pickling lime and nuts, which for me not only for decoration but as well to enjoy the taste of the nuts, as well as I think it is the only healthiest part of this delightful dish.

I think I might share one day my own Palestinian family’s recipe on my own cooking blog.

 

 

Posted by Taghrid Al-Mawed Layton 08/11/2021

Text PRP to 70470 to donate £3 to help Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon and the diaspora.

Texts cost the donation amount plus one standard network rate message, If you would like to donate but don’t wish to hear more from us, text PRPNOINFO.

Or donate with Paypal

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drowning in a Sea of Rubbish

Palestinian lives do not matter for Helen Mirren.